Postal workers who recall packages and letters piled up in distribution hubs a year ago are gearing up for another holiday crush. The United States Postal Service and private shippers UPS and FedEx are bolstering their hiring — bringing in nearly a quarter-million temporary workers — to ensure they don't become overwhelmed by packages again. But low product inventories, port disruptions and supply chain disruptions are creating new uncertainty for holiday shoppers. Postal service executives say the USPS is prepared and ready to handle the upcoming shipping deluge this year after taking steps to prevent a repeat of last year's crisis.
- Gabrielle Union speaks out against the term ‘stepparent’
- Watch Now: How to avoid gift card scams, and more videos to improve your life
- 3. Thanksgiving Leftover Empanadas
- 1. Leftover Stuffing Waffles
- Recovery work continues 11 years after Gulf Coast oil spill
- Beware of the gift card scams over the holidays